Sunday 17 July 2011

Bonner House is important to Sleaford





I was invited to Bonner House down Mareham Lane on Saturday afternoon. The weather was iffy with lots of showers. It was their Amenity Fund Summer Fete and was held jointly with the 3rd Sleaford St Deny's Scout Fund.

It was opened by 105 year old Nora Hardwick, a lovely lady, whose history goes back obviously to the early 1900's. She filled me in with a lot about life in that era and life from Swineshead, Rauceby and Sleaford.

Anyway I managed to win a coconut on one of the Scouts stalls. My throwing ability has not left me altogether.

The Deputy Mayor was there with the Kesteven Morris Dancers. Nice one Trev.

It is all tinged with sadness unfortunately due to the impending closure. I feel at times we have lost our sense of priorities: especially when you read the national news about how big international companies have come to dominate our lives.

No comments: