Wednesday 4 January 2017

Sleaford Holdingham: 2017 versus 2016

Am I addicted to Facebook or have I gone over to YouTube!

Neither I hope but it is a close shave!


2016 was a year that: even in my lifetime appears to have seen more changes than normal (unfortunately some family losses and also many celebrity losses). The latter: I always think the media overplays but that is life in a media celebrity dominated society (my interpretation).

So as far as YouTube is concerned I managed two videos  (one taken around November 11/13 Remembrance services at Brinsworth, Rotherham (where I was born)  and the other just after Christmas into 2017 of my Grandchildren horse riding in freezing weather at Branston, Lincoln. Another related to the Boxing Day Hunt which always attracts well wishers but also criticism from those opposed to hunting although this hunt is within the law and does not refer to foxes.

So here they are (set to what I thought was appropriate music): Remembrance Brinsworth)  and at Branston .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7Qtm-wozs&index=15&list=PLqwS9xnSYGt43SPBkk3Su8Oda4noj98p1


That is the easy bit over with. Now the hard bit: Brexit. Political shenanigans and seemingly endless maneuvers and resignations. But that is at national level.

For the local level read todays Sleaford Standard front page "Could the waiting be over for Tesco site?".  Tesco and Council Officials hinting that announcements could soon be made. 

Oh and by the way: Looking Forward to the Year Ahead is  a piece in the local press including developments in and around Sleaford including (by Spring) the confirmation of the Central Lincolnshire local plan. 








No comments: